[Xymon] How to calculate CPU Load Average

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 06:45:47 CEST 2017

Personally, I'd say that your warn and panic levels should be set to let
you know when something abnormal is happening, rather than trying to
calculate based on cores.  When you have a couple of weeks of cpu load data
in the graphs, you should be able to see the load average your server
normally runs at.  Set the warning level a bit above that so you get a
warning if some process starts hammering the cpu.  That'll tell you
something unexpected is starting.  Set the panic level somewhat higher.

Ralph Mitchell