[Xymon] Regex escaping in 'cont=' test

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Mon Oct 9 19:17:55 CEST 2017

On 10/6/2017 6:37 PM, Ralph Mitchell wrote:
> Took the quotes out, had to change the space to \x20 to get it to show
> in the info page.
>
> [ confirms the reg-ex works on linux ]
>
> Maybe the parser is broken in your version and fixed in mine, or vice
> versa??  I'm running  Xymon 4.3.28-rc2 on CentOS 7.

I'm running 4.3.26 on Solaris 10. I doubt anything has changed between
.26 and .28 in this segment of the code. In the past, we've seen
problems on Solaris related to parsing and blank space. I suspect this
is just another of them.

Thank you for the confirmation that the problems does not extend to the
more common linux installations. This is a defect, but a defect which
affects a small user-group.

I'll make do with the understanding that my reg-ex can't include 'less
than'.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration