[Xymon] Debian 8 assistance

Curtis Von Lintel vonlintel at gmail.com
Tue May 2 22:05:28 CEST 2017

I have installed xymon via apt-get, and that seemed to go well. I can see
the xymon service is running with systemd.

Apache is up and running, verified by the normal apache start page. It also
appears apache knows about the xymon directory but permissions stop us from
viewing the pages. The directory domain.com/xymon/ results in a 403 and
domain.com/xymon/xymon.html the same.

I did manually enable the mod_rewrite for apache (as noted in the debian6
install steps) as the package noted errors on those steps.

In the /var/lib/xymon/www directory we have two directories www-data group
has access to (rep and snap).

The following files and directories are owned by xymon user
critical.html
html/
index.html
nongreen.html
notes/
red.html
wml/
xymon.html

Root owns
gifs/
help/
menu/

With my eroded linux knowledge it seems I should change the grp ownership
to www-data for all the contents of /var/lib/xymon/www. Is this so? Other
changes I might need to make?

I have not made any changes to the xymonserver.cfg.

Thank you