[Xymon] Help with jmxstat

xymon at asitshouldbe.com xymon at asitshouldbe.com
Thu Mar 30 00:14:32 CEST 2017

I'm trying to set up jmxstat from xymonton.org to monitor information about JBoss 7.1 on 64-bit Oracle Linux 6.7 with Java 1.7.0_75. I have followed the instructions for both the client and server side. The jmxstat test appears on the Xymon server and is updating every 5 minutes as expected.

I'm continuously getting the error:

myclient.mydomain.com  JMX - connection failed for JVM

I don't know enough about Java or JBoss to know where to start looking.

The instructions for jmxstat say this:

"The JVM will need to be restarted with additional options that enable the JMX module and define the port & credentials."

What additional options are needed and where are these configured?

The admin port is 9999 and netstat shows that it's listening.

I did use the add-user.sh script to create the username and password in the mgtm-users.properties file for JBoss.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.