[Xymon] Multiple NET: tags?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Mar 21 03:15:20 CET 2017

Does anyone know if it's valid to use multiple NET: tags for a host, or
will it break stuff? I don't actually use NET: tags for its real purpose
(for xymonnet to match with $XYMONNETWORK) and instead I have some
server-side scripts that are only meant for hosts on some networks. If I
wanted to define a host so that it is included in multiple server-side
script processing, can I do something like this:

10.1.1.1 host1.example.com # NET:net1 NET:net2

Eventually, someone might want to use NET: tags as intended, and I don't
want to make that not work, or behave unexpectedly.