[Xymon] Where is xymon message life found?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Jun 15 01:50:41 CEST 2017

A host+test combination which does not report often enough will go
'purple'. The duration or 'life' of a status message can be set by
sending a status+LIFETIME.

I have a a couple of tests which have not gone purple, despite not being
updated for over a week. I have a file named
  ~/data/hist/foo,bar,com.test
which contains the times the test named "test" has changed state for the
host foo.bar.com.  The last entry is 1496866851 which works out to June 7th.

Where can I find the information indicating when xymond will consider
this test ready to go purple?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration