[Xymon] Alerts not monitored on host

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Mon Jul 24 22:30:54 CEST 2017

On 2017-07-24 1:12 pm, Zain Syed wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have setup a host to be monitored by xymon and i see that only conn and ssh are being monitored. I have other host for which all the services are being monitored but not for this. Both host have same kernel version they are using same xymon version. Please advice
>
> Thanks
> Zain

Hello, Zain,

The conn and ssh tests are network based and originate from the server
to the remote host.

Have you installed the xymon client on the host and have you properly
configured and started it?

If so have you checked your ghost clients list to be sure that it's
identifying itself with the same hostname as you've configured in your
hosts.cfg file?
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever
just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1