[Xymon] Xymon script question - fixed

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Thu Jul 6 11:59:22 CEST 2017

Quoting Adam Goryachev <adam at websitemanagers.com.au>:

> You should have a xymonlaunch log file, does that report anything
> related to this task?

Nope. Nothing.

> PS, on debian I always install the hobbit-plugins package, which
> includes a check for this already.

This didn't fix the problem for me, although it did at least produce a
new 'libs' column with a warning about upgraded libs linked in running
processes.

But, eventually I did fix the problem on my own. :-)  I got the idea
after reading this message:

   http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2012-October/035800.html

Thus, the solution was to add an extra line to the end of
/etc/xymon/tasks.cfg:

   directory /etc/xymon/tasks.d

I would consider this omission a bug, as without this line everything
placed in /etc/xymon/tasks.d is simply ignored.

Cheers,

Jaap