[Xymon] xymondxboard xml error

Bezold, Andrew andrew.bezold at siemens.com
Wed Feb 15 22:24:52 CET 2017

I think I've found a bug.  When using the "xymondxboard" command, I get an xml of everything I'm tracking.  However, some of those alerts are disabled indefinitely.  When the xml of those alerts is created, some of the tags are missing or incomplete.  Specifically, the DisableTime tag is missing an end tag, the Sender tag is missing altogether, and the newline that should come before the Cookie tag is not there.  These errors make the entire xml unparseable.

I'm currently using Xymon Version 4.3.17, but looking at the readme the issue doesn't appear to be fixed in the updated versions.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because if I just have to update I can do that.

Bad XML Part:

<ServerStatus>
    <ServerName>hostname</ServerName>
    <Type>testtype</Type>
    <Status>blue</Status>
    <TestFlags> </TestFlags>
    <LastChange>Wed Jan 25 09:12:39 2017</LastChange>
    <LogTime>Wed Feb 15 19:40:50 2017</LogTime>
    <ValidTime>Tue Jan 19 03:14:07 2038</ValidTime>
    <AckTime>N/A</AckTime>
    <DisableTime>    <Cookie>N/A</Cookie>
    <MessageSummary><!deleted for privacy></MessageSummary>
  </ServerStatus>

Good XML Part:

  <ServerStatus>
    <ServerName>hostname</ServerName>
    <Type>testtype</Type>
    <Status>blue</Status>
    <TestFlags> </TestFlags>
    <LastChange>Fri Mar 25 12:02:39 2016</LastChange>
    <LogTime>Wed Feb 15 19:40:50 2017</LogTime>
    <ValidTime>Thu Feb 10 17:53:00 2022</ValidTime>
    <AckTime>N/A</AckTime>
    <DisableTime>Thu Feb 10 17:53:00 2022</DisableTime>
    <Sender>127.0.0.1</Sender>
    <Cookie>N/A</Cookie>
    <MessageSummary><!deleted for privacy></MessageSummary>
  </ServerStatus>

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation