[Xymon] [EXCH Prio5]R: [EXCH Prio5]Re: linux client disk warning levels

Richard Hamilton rlhamil2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 01:26:49 CET 2017

For those wishing to switch, here's my notes on uninstalling BBWin, since I
didn't find any.  All this assumes one is using the Administrator account,
or at least an account with Administrator privileges.  Also, if you use zip
somewhere else to package up the WinPSClient files, do NOT use cygwin's
unzip to extract them; it will get some Windows permissions wrong, and nssm
(if not more) won't work properly.  Aside from that, I haven't figured out
how to use the svcs test to detect that the XymonPSClient service is
running; maybe I can change it to check for nssm, or have procs check for
nssm.  But otherwise, WinPSClient seems to be working as well or better as
BBWin did on Windows 8, at least on the Windows 10.1 VM on my Mac laptop.

To remove BBWin:

Stop the BBWin service (may be named Big Brother Xymon Client) using the
usual service management GUI.

Remove the service; from command line: sc delete BBWin

Once that's done, some quick regedit searches seem to show no leftovers in
the registry.

Remove the software; from the command line: rd/s "Program Files (x86)\BBWin"