[Xymon] [EXCH Prio5]R: [EXCH Prio5] Monitoring Multiple Windows Services with BBWin

Carl Melgaard Carl.Melgaard at STAB.RM.DK
Tue Apr 18 14:38:32 CEST 2017

Hi,

Is there any official documentation about what Windows Server-versions WinPSClient supports?

Regards,

Carl Melgaard

Fra: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] På vegne af zak.beck at accenture.com
Sendt: 7. april 2017 09:44
Til: Alessandro.Tinivelli at faacgroup.com; xymon at xymon.com
Emne: Re: [Xymon] [EXCH Prio5]R: [EXCH Prio5] Monitoring Multiple Windows Services with BBWin

Thanks Alessandro :)

I am the current maintainer of the client Alessandro mentions. We've added a lot since it was originally created by Henrik Storner and David Baldwin and it's used in some very large environments globally, so it is well tested.

Some advantages over BBWin:

*         It's maintained

*         It's more like the Linux client (in terms of configuration)

*         You can push configuration from the server (via client-local.cfg) rather than editing config files on clients

*         More test types, including a few Windows specific tests, built-in

There's documentation in the location Alessandro gives, plenty of people here on the list use it so please feel free to ask any questions.

Zak