[Xymon] Internal Server Error when clicking Acknowledge Alert only for one group of hosts

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Apr 5 21:27:21 CEST 2017

On 4/5/2017 11:33 AM, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> (xymon)@xymon:~$ tail -1 /var/log/apache2/error.log
> [Wed Apr 05 14:15:17.305430 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 3744] [client
> 10.13.136.222:40560 <http://10.13.136.222:40560>] End of script output
> before headers: acknowledge.sh, referer:
> https://xymon.example.net/xymon/groupA/groupA_syslog/groupA_syslog.html
>

> page groupA GroupA SERVERS
> subpage groupA_syslog  GroupA Syslog Servers
> group-compress <H3><I>GorupA Syslog SERVERS</I></H3>
> 192.168.1.250 foo.example.net <http://foo.example.net>
> 192.168.2.250 bar.example.net <http://bar.example.net>
>
> If I am a layer up Acknowledge Alert works without giving any internal
> server error.
>
> Any suggestion on where to look?
>
> Thanks

Hmm. Was not able to duplicate this on my side.

I would begin by setting XYMONCGILOGDIR in your environment to somewhere
apache (etc.) has write privileges, then adding --debug to CGI_ACK_OPTS
in cgioptions.cfg. That should result in logs there. Alternatively,
--debug=stderr should send at least the debug output over to your normal
apache log.

HTH,
-jc