[Xymon] Help with jmxstat

Martin Lenko lenko99 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 18:01:07 CEST 2017

Hi,
jboss doesn't use standard jmx protocol but it's own remoting protocol.
I remember working around it by taking jboss-client.jar from jboss and
rebuilding jmxsh.jar. It also required a bit of a code change to get jmxsh
use it. At the end I abandoned the idea of using this approach because the
remoting client seemed to have a memory leak, using up all the heap space -
basically the monitoring was killing jboss apps.

Have a look at Jolokia https://jolokia.org/
It should allow you to query JMX over HTTP.

Regards,
Martin