[Xymon] Xymon client 4.3.27 does not work with multiple Xymonservers

Oliver R. r.oliver at web.de
Thu Sep 29 08:17:57 CEST 2016

I've got an issue with Xymon client 4.3.27. When I configure multiple
Xymon servers in /etc/default/xymon-client (XYMONSERVERS="10.0.0.1
10.0.0.2"), the client does not send the data (CPU, MEM, MSG, ...) to
these servers. If I just configure a single one, it works as it should.

I installed the client on a SLES 11 SP 3 from this source:
http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ajochenbecker&package=xymon-client

Unfortunately I can't install gcc because of dependency issues to other
applications/libraries.

Is this a know issue or am I doing something wrong?

One more evidence, that this is a issue with the client: I run a custom
test script with that line inside of it:

$BB $BBDISP "config ${HOSTSCFG##*/}" > $HOSTSCFG

This line does not work with 4.3.27 either while on an older system with
Xymon client 4.3.10 this line works with two xymon servers, although
$BBDISP is set on both clients to "0.0.0.0" (which is the normal
behaviour for multiple Xymon servers).