[Xymon] Possible Memory Leak (?!) in Version Xymon 4.3.27-1.el6.terabithia

Peter Welter peter.welter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 17:37:08 CEST 2016

Hi J.C.,

First of all: Thanks for your work for Xymon!

Second: I have a question about the repository from terabithia. I want to
install an Development, Test  Accept, Production environment with the use
of this repository. I installed first and are working on the next phase.

Over time however, I see that my Xymon-server seems to eat all the memory
available and starts swapping until all memory is consumed?!?

This is for Development only and there are no really any tests. A very
small host.cfg. So, why is over time, Xymon this hungry for memory?

Tue Sep 20 17:29:46 CEST 2016 - Memory CRITICAL

   Memory                  Used       Total  Percentage
green Real/Physical          7737M       7872M         98%
yellow Actual/Virtual         7539M       7872M         95%
red Swap/Page              3886M       4095M         94%

After a Xymon restart, all the swap is freed?

I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8 (Santiago)

Any suggestions what to do next? Thanks in advance for any help!

Peter