[Xymon] xymonnet alarm

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Sat Sep 10 05:11:15 CEST 2016

On Thu, September 8, 2016 11:51 am, Foster Patch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I added what you recommended, but the alarm still exists. Here is the
> tasks.cfg section:
> [xymonnet]
>                ENVFILE /usr/lib/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
>                NEEDS xymond
>                CMD xymonnet --report --ping --checkresponse
> --dns-timeout=5 --timelimit=75
>                LOGFILE $XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymonnet.log
>                INTERVAL 1m
>
> The xymonnet alarm now says under Error output:
> Unknown option –timelimit=75 – try –help
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Foster

Hi Foster,

Unfortunately, I can confirm that this is a bug in how that option is
processed. As a workaround, you can lie to xymonnet about what interval
it's been told to run (from xymonlaunch) at with:

> CMD env TASKSLEEP=75 xymonnet --report --ping --checkresponse
--dns-timeout=5

This should result in what you want.

The following patch should fix it for you, and this will be in the next
version.

HTH,
-jc