[Xymon] clarification on xymongen reportopts

EDSchminke at Hormel.com EDSchminke at Hormel.com
Thu Sep 8 19:41:59 CEST 2016

I've been scratching my head on this for a while.  Hoping for some
clarification here:

I'm looking to generate a report of status from the "overnight", basically
4PM the previous day to 7AM the current day.  I crafted this command, but
it's not producing what I'd expect to see:

[xymon at lxcobxymonp ~]$ /home/xymon/server/bin/xymoncmd /bin/bash
[xymon at lxcobxymonp ~]$ XYMONWEB=/xymon/rep/overnight
[xymon at lxcobxymonp ~]$ XYMONREPWARN=99.9999999
[xymon at lxcobxymonp ~]$ XYMONREPGREEN=99.9999999
[xymon at lxcobxymonp ~]$ xymongen
--reportopts=1473282000:1473336000:1:nongr /home/xymon/server/www/rep/overnight

I know there are some periods were some tests went YELLOW during that
period, but I'm not seeing that represented in the report.  They show all
green.  The only time I see anything on the report that isn't green (a
number) is if there was some RED in that period.

I set XYMONREPWARN and XYMONREPGREEN as high as I dared, hoping that I
would see some change... perhaps I'm misunderstanding how this setting
works.

Erik D. Schminke | Associate Systems Programmer
Hormel Foods Corporation | One Hormel Place | Austin, MN 55912
Phone: (507) 434-6817
edschminke at hormel.com | www.hormelfoods.com