[Xymon] Xymon installation comes up with empty graphs

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu Nov 3 18:49:50 CET 2016

On 11/3/2016 6:44 AM, Hauke Fath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a xymon 4.3.27 installation I set up a while back generally works, but
> comes up with all blank graphs.
>
> The setup basically consists of additions to hosts.cfg.
>
> The host .rrd files are non-empty according to 'rrdtool info ...', and
> manually producing .png graph files after
> <http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2010-September/029443.html> results in
> plausible, non-blank graphs.
>
> Where do I go next?
>
> Cheerio,
> hauke

Hi,

You'll probably want to check your httpd error logs for the
showgraph.sh/.cgi execution and see if there's anything unusual
happening. The RRD graphs are generated on the fly, so this would point
to a live error there.

Are you getting blank loads or actual broken images? If it's the latter,
showgraph might be printing error text in the response. If you try to
view the image directly, your browser may display that (and/or ask you
to download it). This typically occurs if the RRD definition it's trying
to use in graphs.cfg for this RRD has an error in it.

Another option would be to add "--debug" to CGI_SHOWGRAPH_OPTS in
/etc/xymon/cgioptions.cfg. However that might result in a 500 error if
debug text comes out before the headers do. In this case, executing the
script directly using QUERY_STRING should give you the full output.

HTH,

-jc