[Xymon] disk graph page limits total file systems

EDSchminke at Hormel.com EDSchminke at Hormel.com
Wed May 18 16:28:16 CEST 2016

I could try upgrading.  At this point, it would be relatively easy since
this particular deployment isn't "in production" yet.

I, too, thought 85 was too arbitrary to have been an imposed, hard-coded
limit.  Especially given that the graphs are generated and displayed on the
trends page.

It does not always break at the same partition-- or filesystem.  But it
always breaks at the 85th partition.  If I list the rrd directory for a
host (ls $XYMON/data/rrd/$HOST/disk* | sed 's/[.]rrd//' | sort) the last
filesystem on the last graph will always be the 85th line of output.  If I
delete an rrd file (for a filesystem i really don't care about) and look at
the page again....  85th line.  Everytime.

I've found no core files and there are no errors to be found in any of the
xymon or httpd logs.  I'm willing to turn on more verbose logging to the
httpd server, just let me know how high you'd like me to turn it up.

I'm also willing to attempt a reconfiguration to show more filesystems per
graph, but I'm not 100% clear on how to go about that.  What I thought was
the correct way to do it was unsuccessful.

>From my graphs.cfg:
[disk]
        FNPATTERN ^disk(.*).rrd
        TITLE Disk Utilization
        YAXIS % Full
        DEF:p at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:pct:AVERAGE
        LINE2:p at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@
        -u 100
        -l 0
        GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
        GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
        GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
        GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

Do I simply change "disk" to "disk::10"? ...because if I do that, no graphs
for disk are generated... i.e.:

[disk::10]
        FNPATTERN ^disk(.*).rrd
        TITLE Disk Utilization
        YAXIS % Full
        DEF:p at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:pct:AVERAGE
        LINE2:p at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@
        -u 100
        -l 0
        GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
        GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
        GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
        GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

If I'm doing that wrong, let me know.  Thanks.

Erik D. Schminke | Associate Systems Programmer
Hormel Foods Corporation | One Hormel Place | Austin, MN 55912
Phone: (507) 434-6817
edschminke at hormel.com | www.hormelfoods.com