[Xymon] routing between xymons

Ron Cohen rcohen55 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:13:40 CEST 2016

Hello there...
we have here a pretty big production environments, and even bigger
non-production.
I've configured xymon for both, but the guys that do the actual monitoring
objected to have alerts coming from non-production servers, since those are
mostly non-crucial - they don't want to see any of those reds on their
screens.
I played for some time with the alert propagating, but  it won't do, so
sadly I disabled all the non-prod clients.
The obvious solution (unless there's a simpler one) is to start another
xymon on different port and different URL. the problem is that it requires
a firewall setting, which is a major headache to make.
what i thought of, is to do routing at the bb port, so incoming clients
will be routed according to the IP origin to the prod and non-prod xymond
(say ports 1985 & 1986).
It is not difficult to implement,  but before pythonizing it, i wonder if
there is an existing solution within xymon which i missed, or anyone else
already done it?
many thanks
_rony