[Xymon] systemd

Axel Beckert beckert at phys.ethz.ch
Thu May 12 10:50:09 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 09:03:55AM -0400, Matt Vander Werf wrote:
a> Depends on what you are using, if it's provided or not.

> If you're building from source, then at this time the upstream source does
> not include systemd service/unit files by default (J.C. can elaborate on if
> this support is coming in 4.4 or not, or in future versions).

IMHO this can be added at a anytime and does not need to wait for a
new 4.x branch or so, at least compared to what kind of features have
been added to the 4.3.x branch in the past. ;-)

> If you're using J.C.'s Terabithia Xymon RPMs (as I am with my RHEL 7 Xymon
> server), then he provides the systemd service/unit files in the RPMs (
> http://terabithia.org/rpms/xymon/).

I wonder why the .service file is not in the upstream sources yet
since it seems to come from J.C.

Having had a look at it, I noticed that it at least contains some
distro-specific path like /etc/sysconfig/.

So, J.C.: Please try to generalise the .service file and then also
ship it upstream so that other distributions can benefit from it,
too. :-)

		Kind regards, Axel Beckert
--
Axel Beckert <beckert at phys.ethz.ch>       support: +41 44 633 26 68
IT Services Group, HPT H 6                  voice: +41 44 633 41 89