[Xymon] delayred on conn

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Fri Mar 18 23:06:20 CET 2016

Ok, this time it looks like it's working:

$ iptables -I INPUT 1 -p icmp -s 10.5.130.117 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
$ date
Fri Mar 18 16:52:57 CDT 2016

Then on the server:

Fri Mar 18 16:55:44 2016 yellow 0:01:11
Fri Mar 18 16:47:12 2016 green 0:08:32

So I’m guessing it should change red at 17:01:57 or so.

Yes, it did:

Fri Mar 18 17:04:45 2016 red 0:00:20
Fri Mar 18 16:55:44 2016 yellow 0:09:01
Fri Mar 18 16:47:12 2016 green 0:08:32

However, it also meant that it paged out immediately, not waiting 5 minutes after it turned red from yellow.