[Xymon] changing FROM Address of email alerts

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Mon Jun 13 20:23:34 CEST 2016

On 6/13/2016 10:08 AM, Dito wrote:
> how do you change the from address for the email alerts?

I suggest looking in xymonserver.cfg.

The man file indicates the following options:
> *XYMOND_ALERT SETTINGS*
> MAIL
>     Command used to send alerts via e-mail, including a "Subject:" header in the mail. Default: "mail -s"
> MAILC
>     Command used to send alerts via e-mail in a form that does not have a "Subject" in the mail. Default: "mail"

In my xymonserver.cfg, I find the following line:
   MAILC="mailx -r noreply at foo.bar.com "

Ok, not _exactly_ that line, but I suspect you can figure out how to
substitute your own email address there.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration