[Xymon] How do we change the "Current non-green Systems" retention?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Jun 8 23:21:23 CEST 2016

On 6/8/2016 12:53 PM, Edmond Ruben wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to change the default retention from 240 minutes (4 hours)
> to 3 days.  I’ve searched through the documentation without any luck.
> I’m sure it’s a simple setting it’s just a matter of knowing where to
> find it.  Can someone please help.  We are running xymon 4.3.2.

I'm pretty sure you are discussing the "event list" below the dot-grid
found on the non-green page.

Look the man page for xymongen where there are several options outlined:
> --max-eventcount=N
>     Limit the eventlog on the "All non-green" page to only N events. Default: 100.
>
> --max-eventtime=N
>     Limit the eventlog on the "All non-green" page to events that happened within the past N minutes. Default: 240.
>
> --no-eventlog
>     Disable the eventlog normally displayed on the "All non-green" page

and

> --eventignore=test[,test]
>     Ignore these tests in the "All non-green" event log display.

my line in tasks.cfg looks like:

> CMD xymongen $XYMONGENOPTS --report --no-showemptygroups --maxrows=20 --max-eventcount=50 --max-eventtime=120 --eventignore=msgs,diskio

Yours will end up having --max-eventtime=4320

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration