[Xymon] Script Message

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Tue Jul 19 18:24:30 CEST 2016

&red, &yellow, &green will get transformed when received via the xymon command.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Joshua Hunt
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 10:56 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] Script Message

Hey all,

So I have my custom test set up in a column format, my message is posting correctly, and alerts are all set up! Working just fine. Now I'm trying to put in a red/green status for when you view the xymon webpage and click down to the message from a custom test.

I'm looking to use the built in Xymon icons for my message screen, so I can indicate whether or not a log is good or bad from just a quick glance (green diamond and red devil icons). How can I add these to a message?

It might be worth noting that for my current message, I append all my info to a log file. So end result for my variable looks like this:

MSG="$(cat foo/bar/file)
"
So my question is, where can I find those icons to attach to my on screen message? I hope this was clear enough! If its not I will provide an alternate explanation.

Cheers,
Joshua
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.