[Xymon] History not reporting correctly

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Fri Jan 22 23:35:50 CET 2016

On Fri, January 22, 2016 12:45 pm, Matt Pannucci wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I was wondering if someone could help me out.   When we click on "History"
> for our hosts, its always green.  No matter what, the history is never
> accurate.  I'm not sure where to look to fix this one.
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt

Hi,

First and foremost, you'll want to make sure the [history] section in
tasks.cfg is not disabled and that xymond_history is running properly.

Assuming it's running, try placing it in --debug mode (add that to the CMD
line, or give the running xymond_history (not the xymond_channel one
running it) a -USR2 signal. Then, cause an event to happen (eg, disable
and reenable a test) and see if any details are noted in
/var/log/xymon/history.log (or your local equivalent).

Baring that, you'll want to check for permissions issues (everything in
$XYMONVAR should be writeable by the xymon user), and possibly SELinux if
you're not using a packaged version.

If all else fails, restarting xymond will cause it to flush out the
current status the first time each host+service message comes in. That
should cause everything to synchronize back up (or expose what's
preventing it). (Version 4.4 - alpha still coming soon! - has a "histsync"
command which will does something similar to a running install.)

HTH,
-jc