[Xymon] Feature request -- additional info in "disabled" notification

Shawn Heisey hobbit at elyograg.org
Thu Jan 21 15:13:29 CET 2016

Currently I get an email notification when a test is disabled.  The
subject is "Xymon host:test disabled [cfid:xxx]".  I'm running 4.3.23
with the patch from 4.3.24 that fixes http response code parsing.

It would be extremely helpful if this notification email included the
basic auth username of the person who disabled the test, the reason that
they entered, and the duration of the disable.  Having the IP address of
the computer that made the disable request would also be useful.
Looking at the "X-Fordwarded-For" http header might be required.

I have not delved into the source code for test disabling, so currently
I have no idea how difficult this idea is to implement.  If I find the
time, I may look into the source code to see if I can implement it
myself and contribute the change to the project.

I would think this has been requested before, but using some simple
searches, I could not locate a similar request in my own archive of this
mailing list, which goes back to early 2011.

Thanks,
Shawn