[Xymon] where does xymon client get tcp packet data?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Jan 13 21:21:05 CET 2016

The below relates to linux, xymon 4.3.17

I was going to write a script to collect and report numbers of TCP
packet retransmissions. But when I look at the 'trends' for this host, I
see there is already a chart for "TCP/IP statistics" which includes
"In/Out/Retrans"   I'm specifically looking for TCP retransmission
count. This counter does not seem to line up with information being
reported by nstat.

What is this built-in test reporting, and from where is it collected?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration