[Xymon] Couple of questions on client data

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at ca.rutgers.edu
Mon Jan 11 02:18:35 CET 2016

This is the info I need but it sounded like I can get it from historical periods, which is what I'm after.

____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
|| \\UTGERS      |---------------------*O*---------------------
||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Senior Technologist
|| \\ and Health | novosirj at rutgers.edu<mailto:novosirj at rutgers.edu>- 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
||  \\  Sciences | OIRT/High Perf & Res Comp - MSB C630, Newark
    `'

On Jan 10, 2016, at 18:56, David Boyer <davieb at gmail.com<mailto:davieb at gmail.com>> wrote:

Ryan,
     What specific data are you looking for?  If it's the kernel version, this could pull the info:

[xymon at xytest bin]$ ./xymon localhost "clientlog yumlist section=uname"
[uname]
Linux yumlist 2.6.32-504.12.2.el6.x86_64 x86_64

Or more detailed info:
[xymon at xytest bin]$ ./xymon localhost "clientlog yumlist section=osversion"
[osversion]
CentOS 6.6
LSB Version:    :base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-amd64:printing-4.0-noarch
Distributor ID: CentOS
Release:        6.6
Codename:       Final

and grab what you need...

Dave

Actually: how do you get at this? I can't see a way after hunting around a bit. I thought maybe in a client data link at the bottom of a historical page, but none is present.