[Xymon] Extraneous DNS queries from Xymon

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Jan 6 23:11:06 CET 2016

Hmm. "noconn" + "testip" should actually be all that's needed here,
assuming there are no other references to those (in URLs, for example).
I've used a lot of pseudo-DNS entries in configs before for the same
effect.

Can you run a copy of xymonnet in --debug mode and see if you see the
lookup there? If nothing, then an strace should reveal around when we're
doing it.

Have you noticed any patterns in *which* hosts you're seeing the lookup
for that you're not expecting it at? Or is it all of them?

-jc