[Xymon] SSL checks no longer working on 4.3.26?

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Feb 24 17:08:35 CET 2016

On Wed, February 24, 2016 6:46 am, Jason Chambers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just did an upgrade from 4.3.21 to 4.3.26 and all of a sudden all of my
> SSL checks stopped working even though I configured the Makefile to use
> SSL. Is there a change that I'm unaware of that I need to make? I have
> reverted back to 4.3.21 for now.

Hi Jason,

There were some SSL certificate parsing fixes in 4.3.25, and a few
alterations in 4.3.22 to bring in additional certificate details, but
nothing that should have broken all SSL testing, nor any real changes in
the build process that I recall.

Are the tests reporting 'red' now, or simply 'purple' (not reporting at all)?

Can you provide the system you're building on, and the config output? If
it's built properly, xymonnet should indicate the OpenSSL version it's
using near the top of its own test results. e.g.:

 xymonnet version 4.3.26
 SSL library : OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
 LDAP library: OpenLDAP 20440

-jc