[Xymon] terabithia vs self compiled

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Tue Feb 9 23:36:15 CET 2016

Hey,

I'm considering switching over to using the RPMs that JC provides through Terabithia rather than compiling from scratch.  I'm assuming it should as simple as just copying over the RPMs and yum installing them.  Any gotcha's to look out for?  Just want to be sure that my tweaks to the various configs will work and the best way to handle the client tests.  I use include and directory a fair bit.

I've never exactly been clear on 'local' mode but the majority of my monitored systems use msgcache/pulldata so I'm not sure which client rpm makes the  most sense.

Also, is there a repository definition I can add that will let me just run 'yum update' and it can bring in the updated rpms?  I didn't see anything obvious on the terabithia site (or I could just be blind).

thx

=G=