[Xymon] Not able to access Xymon GUI

Shankar Shiva mailnsa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:02:37 CEST 2016

Hi Support,

I'm working on the installation of xymon on AWS cloud. Below, is my system
information:-

*[root at ip-ip xymon]# arch*
*x86_64*
*[root at ip-ip xymon]# cat /etc/redhat-release*
*Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2 (Maipo)*
*[root at ip-ip xymon]# uname -a*
*Linux ip-ip.ap-south-1.compute.internal 3.10.0-327.10.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP
Sat Jan 23 04:54:55 EST 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux*
*[root at ip-ip xymon]#*

After extracting Xymon software, I executed ./configure --server, but I'm
getting below exceptions:-
*./configure --server --rrdinclude /root/rrdtool-1.5.5/*

*Configuration script for Xymon*

*This script asks a few questions and builds a Makefile to compile Xymon*

*Checking your make-utility*
*Checking pre-requisites for building Xymon*

*Checking for fping ...*
*Xymon has a built-in ping utility (xymonping)*
*However, it is not yet fully stable and therefore it*
*may be best to use the external fping utility instead.*
*I could not find fping on your system*
*Do you want to use xymonping [Y/n] ?*
*y*
*OK, I will use xymonping.*

*Checking for PCRE ...*
*Compiling with PCRE library works OK*
*Linking with PCRE library works OK*

*Checking for C-ARES library ...*
*test-cares.c:5:18: fatal error: ares.h: No such file or directory*
* #include <ares.h>*
*                  ^*
*compilation terminated.*
*make: *** [test-compile] Error 1*
*ERROR: Cannot compile using c-ares library.*
*The system C-ARES library is missing or not usable. I will use the version
shipped with Xymon*

*Checking for RRDtool ...*
*Not RRDtool 1.0.x, checking for 1.2.x*
*test-rrd.c:3:17: fatal error: rrd.h: No such file or directory*
* #include <rrd.h>*
*                 ^*
*compilation terminated.*
*make: *** [test-compile] Error 1*
*ERROR: Cannot compile with RRDtool.*
*ERROR: Linking with RRDtool fails*
*RRDtool include- or library-files not found.*
*These are REQUIRED for trend-graph support in Xymon, but Xymon can*
*be built without them (e.g. for a network-probe only installation.*

*RRDtool can be found at http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/
<http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/>*
*If you have RRDtool installed, use the "--rrdinclude DIR" and "--rrdlib
DIR"*
*options to configure to specify where they are.*

*Continuing with all trend-graph support DISABLED*

Since, system ignored this exceptions I continued with my other
installation steps. But, post installation I'mnot getting the GUI screen.
When I access the application with xymon context path I only get the folder
structure.

Could you please help me?/

--
regards,