[Xymon] protocols.cfg - configuring yellow alarm - and combo.cfg - dealing with yellow alarms

SebA spah at syntec.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 14:32:58 CEST 2016

Two ideas:
1. It would be great to be able to configure text that resulted in a yellow
alarm in protocols.cfg!  (Otherwise, it looks like, as a workaround, I need
to test the same service twice but with different protocol syntax.)

2. Similarly, I would want to be able to differentiate between green and
yellow and clear in combo.cfg - for me they should not all be equal to 1!
Or if they are, there should be an alternative method of specifying that
uses the actual colour name...

So an example given in the man page is:
WebCluster.http = (Web1.http + Web2.http + Web3.http) >= 2

Maybe that could be rewritten as:
WebCluster.http = (Web1.http.green + Web2.http.green + Web3.http.green) >= 2
Or even (so one has control of when it goes yellow too):
WebCluster.http.green = (Web1.http.green + Web2.http.green +
Web3.http.green) >= 2
Or:
WebCluster.http = (Web1.http == green + Web2.http == green + Web3.http ==
green) >= 2
Or:
WebCluster.http == green = (Web1.http == green + Web2.http == green +
Web3.http == green) >= 2

If we can agree on a spec for this that will be integrated into the public
code, it is possible I can get a colleague to work on this (but no promises!
If it would take him much time, I doubt he would do it.)

Kind regards,

SebA