[Xymon] SSL/HTTPS enabling on existing Xymon Server

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Sat Aug 6 01:34:50 CEST 2016

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016, 23:59 Raja Shekar <shekar.raaja at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Jeremy,
>
> Thank you for getting back on this. I am trying to enable monitoring
> probes of other servers that runs on HTTPS Services to do the health
> checks.  I didn't install the xymon in the existing environment, Looks like
> who ever did they didn't include Openssl-Devel package. I dont wannt to
> recompile/reinstall the existing Xymon as we already in production. It
> would be helpful if I can make any config changes to achieve the HTTPS
> functionality. Hope this explains my problem.

You can't fix this with a configuration change. If xymonnet was not
compiled with support for an ssl library then it will never be able to test
ssl connections.

Just to be sure this is your problem, run "ldd xymonnet" and see if the
output includes the openssl libraries. (I think libcrypto and libssl, from
memory)

Note that you can install and run xymonnet on a different server and have
it report to the main xymon server. You can have multiple xymonnet
instances running on the same or different servers. It's very flexible like
that.