[Xymon] Disk space test ignored

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Apr 6 04:45:51 CEST 2016

On Tue, April 5, 2016 12:14 pm, Scot Kreienkamp wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I recently upgraded from 4.3.21 to the Terabithia RPM's for 4.3.27.  I
> copied this config file verbatim (except for server name) from my old
> server to my new server:
>

> HOST=innocent.in.hq
>         PORT "LOCAL=%([.:]80)$" MIN=1  TRACK=WWW "TEXT=80-WWW"
>         PORT "LOCAL=%([.:]55000)$" MIN=0 color=red TRACK=RPC_Clients
> "TEXT=55000-RPC Client Access Sessions"
>         SVC MSExchangeADTopology status=started
>         SVC MSExchangeIS status=started
>         SVC MSExchangeMailboxAssistants status=started
>         SVC MSExchangeRPC status=started
>         SVC MSExchangeSA status=started
>         DISK J 15728640U 10485760U
>         DISK L 15728640U 10485760U
>         DISK M 15728640U 10485760U
>         DISK N 15728640U 10485760U
>         DISK S 15728640U 10485760U
>         DISK T 15728640U 10485760U
>         DISK %^(1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|0).* IGNORE
>

> However, the disk tests are now alerting on 95% full disk instead of on 10
> gigs remaining space:
> M (95% used) has reached the PANIC level (95%)
>
> To further troubleshoot I commented out all the disk lines and added this
> entry:
> DISK * 15728640U 10485760U
>
> That didn't make any difference, the disk is still alerting for 95% full.
> It is parsing and applying the configuration because the port and SVC
> information is showing up in the web, so I can't understand why the disk
> test isn't working.
>

> This is a key feature for us as we have many servers with multi-terabyte
> drives, so alerting at percentages doesn't work nearly as well.  The
> client has not been touched, only the server.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Some possibilities:

Did you wait for xymond_client to reload analysis.cfg after the change?
Alternatively, did you remove/reorder the DISK sections or comment them
out in place? It's possible the catchall entry wasn't applied and what was
actually alerting was the default DISK section.

Can you run xymond_client --dump-config after the change to see what's
happening?

-jc