[Xymon] Depends tag working configuration

Scot Kreienkamp Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com
Mon Apr 4 21:15:32 CEST 2016

Mario,

If I’m understanding your email correctly, you changed the IP on 6030 to a non-pingable address, correct?  If so, then you are performing your test incorrectly.  The tag you posted means that 6030 depends on 5030, but to test it you changed the IP on 6030 only.  To test it with the tag you posted, 5030 and 6030 must BOTH be non-pingable.  In that scenario the conn test on 6030 should change to clear.

Also, if you only want a connectivity test then you may be looking at the wrong tag.  Look up the route tag that goes in hosts.cfg and see if that will give you what you want.

Scot Kreienkamp  | Senior Systems Engineer | La-Z-Boy Corporate
One La-Z-Boy Drive | Monroe, Michigan 48162 | Office: 734-384-6403 | | Mobile: 7349151444 | Email: Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com