[Xymon] Xymon maintaienance

Becker Christian christian.becker at rhein-zeitung.net
Fri Oct 23 08:33:51 CEST 2015

Hello,

we do this that way, that using a script in cron, at a certain time we copy alerts.cfg to alerts.cfg.work and copy an empty alerts.cfg.empty to alerts.cfg.
If the file alerts.cfg is empty, there's no reason for Xymon to do any alerting.
After this certain time, we copy the original file alerts.cfg back in place.

For my opinion this is a bit easier to do than writing a DOWNTIME statement to all of your nodes that are configured in hosts.cfg

Regards
Christian

Mittelrhein-Verlag GmbH
August-Horch-Straße 28
D-56070 Koblenz
Verleger und Geschäftsführer: Walterpeter Twer
Reg.-Gericht Koblenz HRB 121
Finanzamt Koblenz Str.Nr. 22 65 10 285 2
www.rhein-zeitung.de