[Xymon] buffer overflow detected in xymongen (4.3.21)

Axel Beckert beckert at phys.ethz.ch
Mon Oct 5 11:36:41 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 11:58:28AM -0700, J.C. Cleaver wrote:
> A malformed message could be returned as a result of a truncated network
> connection to xymond,

Hrm. Wouldn't expect that here. Not _that_ often. :-)

> or other sorts of interesting cases.

It's probably one of these cases. ;-)

> I suppose the below patch would at least keep us from writing past the end
> on 'l', but in a proper situation we shouldn't need something like it.

The patch seems to help. Until installing xymon with the patch applied
I had segfaults every minute and since then, no segfault has happened
anymore for at least 10 minutes.

Thanks!

		Kind regards, Axel Beckert
--
Axel Beckert <beckert at phys.ethz.ch>       support: +41 44 633 26 68
IT Services Group, HPT H 6                  voice: +41 44 633 41 89