[Xymon] Xymon swarm proposal

Matt Vander Werf matt1299 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 16:50:14 CET 2015

This is probably something that I wouldn't use, as I don't really need it
with my current setup (which is perfectly fine).

I assume that if this functionality was put in place that people who wanted
to keep doing everything local (i.e. on one Xymon server machine) would be
able to continue doing that with minimal necessary changes to the current
setup? In other words, this would be parallel functionality that could be
implemented if desired, but wouldn't necessary affect existing setups that
are all local-based (or at least wouldn't affect them very much).

Is my assumption correct here?

That's my only concern with this, as it seems to be changing *a lot* of
things. This would definitely be the preferred way if this functionally was
implemented, especially for new users of Xymon who don't require this
functionality and for users with smaller setups. Even some changes that
would need to be made would be okay, as long as those necessary changes are
explained.

Thanks.

--
Matt Vander Werf