[Xymon] "Discarding timed-out partial msg" Error Messages

Matt Vander Werf matt1299 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 15:29:43 CET 2015

Hey all,

Lately, I've been seeing quite a few error messages show up in xymond
indicating that it was discarding a timed-out partial message from some
machine.

i.e.

Latest error messages:
Discarding timed-out partial msg from X.X.X.X

They seem to be happening sporadically but more often than usual as of
late. Maybe one or two every couple of days or so. They don't seem to be
coming from the same machine/machines either.

Is this something I should be worried about? Are there any side-effects
from this happening too much?

What are the causes of this happening? Any way to make it not happen as
much?

Any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

--
Matt Vander Werf