[Xymon] Add url link to ext script

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue Nov 17 18:35:24 CET 2015

On Tue, November 17, 2015 9:03 am, Ricardo L. wrote:
> Good morning
>
> I created a single service report page using an ext script. It is a one
> page report based on another ext script that reports per host.
>
> But the requirement is to be able to click on a red icon and it link to
> the actual issue.
>
> Is there a way to source xymon to give me the host for the service ? Then
> how do I link it to an icon using the xymon&red tag.
>
> Thanks

If the second ext script is running in the same environment (or can be
simulated as such by setting env variables), then you can basically
construct the link by hand.

You'll still want to use '&red' as a literal (the CGI actually converts
that just when it displays), but you can put arbitrary HTML after it and
use environment variables from xymonserver.cfg. Something like:

echo "&red - Service 'wombat' was incorrect (<A
HREF=\"$XYMONWEBHOST$XYMONSERVERCGIURL/svcstatus.sh?HOST=$THISHOST&SERVICE=wombat\">See
test results</A>)" >> $YOUROUTPUTFILE

HTH,
-jc