[Xymon] Mapping Values to Columns

Gregory J. DeCecco turranx at hotmail.com
Fri May 8 18:22:47 CEST 2015

I have been looking at the relationships between values returned by client
scripts and which web page column reports the status.  Let me walk you
through some of the data before I pose my questions.

This is some output from a Windows machine running the PowerShell client...

[memory]
memory    Total    Used
physical: 8073 5679
virtual: 12000 952
page: 20071 6710

Out of this data are extracted the values "MEMACT", "MEMPHYS", and
"MEMSWAP".  They are different measurements, but all affect the color of the
column "memory".  How they affect the memory column is well documented in
the Man page for analysis.cfg, but what maps "MEMACT", "MEMPHYS", and
"MEMSWAP" to the column "memory"?  What if I wanted to add an additional
custom memory-related test and have it also affect the color of the "memory"
column?

Furthermore, when a server is rebooted the "cpu" column goes yellow, but the
column titled "uptime" always stays green.  How do I change this?

[uptime]
sec: 1568818
18 days 3 hours 46 minutes 57 seconds
Bootup: 20150420074804.610798-240

I've looked into custom server-side modules and that looks like a step in
the right direction, but won't get me 100% of the way there.  Can someone
send me down the correct path?

Thank you,

Greg D.