change alert email text?

William Sanders lts1809 at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 16:54:18 CEST 2015

I'm wondering if there is a quick answer on how to change the email alert text that Xymon generates.

Specifically it is required that I remove the IP address from the email.

Example:

---
red  Fri Apr  3 17:54:18 2015 conn NOT ok

Service conn on 4ai1gub4x9 is not OK : Host does not respond to ping

System unreachable for 223 poll periods (7274 seconds)

&red 10.0.0.10 is unreachable
---

would become:

---
red  Fri Apr  3 17:54:18 2015 conn NOT ok

Service conn on 4ai1gub4x9 is not OK : Host does not respond to ping

System unreachable for 223 poll periods (7274 seconds)

&red 4ai1gub4x9 is unreachable
---

I can list the IPs in the hosts.cfg (will have to actually, since no DNS server is available), but before I'll be allowed to submit Xymon to our security office for testing/approval to be added to our network management has tasked me with removing the IPs from the emails.