[Xymon] Run Single Test

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Mar 31 20:51:00 CEST 2015

On 3/30/2015 5:58 AM, John Tullis wrote:
> If I want to fire off an update of a test for a single host, what in this command am I missing?
>
> This is what I've tried so far:
> bbcmd bbtest-net domain.org.dnsreg
> bbcmd bbtest-net domain.org dnsreg
>
> It doesn't update and I can't seem to figure out any better command to run to get it to run.

If 'bbcmd' is the utility used to setup the environment variables, then
you could simplify your troubleshooting process by using it to launch a
shell.

Something like:
  bbcmd sh

After that has run, you have an instance of 'sh' running with all of the
Big Brother environment variables set. This could be confirmed by using
the command:
   echo $BBSERVERHOSTNAME

 From that shell, you could then hammer out the correct syntax and debug
your specific script (bbtest-net). With that figured out, you can take
that back and try it directly with 'bbcmd'.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration