[Xymon] hosts.cfg "mutlihomed" tag broken?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Mar 27 08:48:05 CET 2015

On 27 Mar 2015 11:09 am, "Gavin Stone-Tolcher" <
g.stone-tolcher at its.uq.edu.au> wrote:

> > Is it "multihome" like you have here or is it "multihomed"?
>

> Yes that extra “d” really does make a difference!

Glad you got it worked out. Caffeine always helps.

> Hmm, seems I misunderstand what “multihomed” is supposed to do. I thought
it would allow a multihomed client to report in from more than one IP
without the addition of said IPs to xymond “–status-senders”.

If this were the case then there wouldn't be much point setting
--status-senders at all. Any host that was tagged multihomed would be
vulnerable to spoofed status messages. If you're going to allow other
addresses but not all addresses then you have to specify the other
addresses somewhere.

Perhaps create a new page that you don't display anywhere, and add the
alternative IP addresses with the same hostname but with nodisp, noconn and
dialup. It's not illegal to define a hostname twice.