[Xymon] hosts.cfg "mutlihomed" tag broken?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Mar 26 17:28:50 CET 2015

On 3/25/2015 7:53 PM, Gavin Stone-Tolcher wrote:
- snip -

> In my testing, it appears the “multihomed” hosts.cfg tag is broken. i.e
> does not allow a client to report in if it comes from an alternate IP on
> that host.
>
> Looking at 4.3.18 code.

It is working in my installation of 4.3.17 where I have entries of the sort:
0.0.0.0   foo.bar.com   # multihomed
0.0.0.0   baz.bar.com   # ssh multihomed

What are the symptoms which lead you to believe the tag is not working?
In my case, prior to appending this tag to the hosts, I was getting
"Multi-source statuses" under the xymond test reported on my server.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration