[Xymon] New client problems

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Fri Mar 13 20:43:22 CET 2015

I have a new machine running Centos 6.6 that for the life of me I can not
get started. I compiled 4.3.17 and 4.3.18 to see if it was a bug.  With
both versions I get the same results.

I've got it narrowed down to the point where is definitely a machine/client
problem.  With tcpdump I've shown that there are no packets being generated
after the (Xymon) client is started.  I can ping the server and create a
handshake (telnet) to 1984 on the server.

ps running: http://pastebin.com/8sbjyzRs

At this time SElinux is flat out disabled
$ sestatus
SELinux status:                 disabled

Host is just one IP, to rule out DNS problems.
$ head `pwd`/xymonclient.cfg
# Environment settings for the Xymon client.

XYMSRV="1.1.1.1"          # IP address of the Xymon server

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated and welcomed!

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St