[Xymon] Xymon / Devmon Graphs only on trends

Brandon Dale BDale at kitchengroup.com.au
Thu Mar 12 06:32:18 CET 2015

  It shouldn't be difficult to do this.  Xymon has special parsing code for Devmon status messages.

I couldn’t get this to work with the battery,power and powerin test for that ups template. I found this where someone had the same issue: http://lists.xymon.com/pipermail/xymon/2011-April/031424.html

So I did this to fix it:

1.       Copy xymonserver.cfg to xymonserver_devmonfix.cfg

2.       Edit xymonserver_devmonfix.cfg and remove “=devmon” from battery,power,powerin

3.       Edit cgioptions.cfg add this:

# svcstatus.cgi options for a normal (current) status display
CGI_SVC_OPTS="--env=/usr/lib/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver_devmonfix.cfg --no-svcid --history=top"
# CGI_SVC_OPTS="--env=$XYMONENV --no-svcid --history=top"

The graphs instantly appeared on the test pages and the rrd files are still being updated. I notice I already have if_load in TEST2RRD so maybe that just works by default. I’m not really sure why that change has fixed it or what other impact that will have..

Regards,

Brandon