[Xymon] non-blinking icons (nb-red.gif et al) for Xymon status?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Mar 5 01:23:37 CET 2015

On 3/4/2015 3:14 PM, Andrew Rakowski wrote:
- snip -
> Since I often have a Xymon display running either in a VM that's VPN'd
> to a different project network, or displayed on a remote desktop
> display, the constant display change from the "blinking", "winking" and
> "pulsing" icons drive a lot of unnecessary network traffic and/or CPU time.

Not to mention they will just drive you crazy!

We ripped out the blinkers and installed a new set of "calm" .png files.
We then sym-linked the old .gif names to new .png names and moved on
with our lives.

> Do I need to dig back into the BigBrother files to find the
> non-blinkers, am I just looking in the wrong place (or for the wrong
> names), or do I need to make some new ones?  They used to be called
> "nb-red.gov", "nb-yellow.gif" and "nb-purple.gif", at least on my
> BigBrother server.

The green/red/etc.gif files are non-blinking, but they are used for
"older" alerts. The green/red/etc-recent.gif files are blinkers. I don't
think there are any other non-blinkers.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services